Sunday, March 22, 2009

Whales!

So, Today will begin the Herring season here in Sitka, so yesterday, my husband took me out on the boat searching for whales! At first it seemed hopeless as we traveled north. Then, we decided to turn around, and head back toward town, where all the boats were sitting. We went past the boats, almost all the way to the bridge when we noticed little puffs of smoke. Well, not really smoke, but the mist from the whales! So at first we see one, then two and three, then we were surrounded by about 5 or 6. No they weren't acting like they were going to attack us, we just happened into their little pod. I am not kidding, we were like 10-15 feet away. My pictures will not look quite that close, and that is because when we were that close, I was watching, and had the camera clicking away, but not looking to see that I was capturing them. So anyway, enjoy the pics! We are going to go out again, hopefully on a bigger boat when the season is in full swing. I am going to bring the video camera this time!











































































No comments: