Friday, December 19, 2008

Record for Sitka!

This is what happens when you let some coastie draw your blood. Never agian. I will ask for Doc Wood next time! It is a week later, and my bruis is still the size of a fifty cent piece.


One loan Eagle up in the tree top. I thought they were all gone..... Until I heard this one scream. I think he was warning Captain to stay near me or he was going to become his dinner!


Above is Mt. Harbor from our side of the water









Above is Mt. Verstovia from our little island. I don't know what the background mountains are.





Not sure the name of this one





Mt. Edgecumbe...Will climb her this summer....







Okay folks, Sitka has set a very significant record. We are on our SEVENTH straight day of sunny skies! I don't know if it is really a record or not, but it is definately the most sunny days IN A ROW since I have been here. I don't even care that it hasn't gotten above freezing those days, I just am loving the sun. It makes me feel better! Blaine is out on his "Into the Wild" experience, He will be back tomorrow, tune in for the before and after pictures! They had to go spend two days on some island nearby with no shelter. They couldn't even have a fire the first night. I Bet he was really cold while I was snuggled up with the heater on 80. I'll let you know what he says about the trip. Tomorrow is the Air Station/Ant Christmas party. I bought a blue dress from target(online of course) to wear. I think it is much dressier than most people will be, but oh well, I don't fit in that well around here anyway. Here are some pictures from this past Sunday, which was day three of sun. I know I take pictures of the same things everytime the sun comes out, but I can't help it, it is so pretty. We have a three bedroom duplex if anyone wants to take a fishing trip up here. I don't recommend the deer hunting up here, they are the size of large dogs, butyou can always go for the Mounain goats, Or maybe a bear. I am not sure if you can shoot the bears though. One of the pictures is of an old WWII bunker.....cool huh, who knew that existed here in Sitka. Captain did go swimming after taking the picture on the rocks with me. I swear, he is immune to the cold. He acted like it was nothing! This weekend is the Polar dip. As of right now, I am doing it just for the experience, but I think I will probably chicken out when it comes time to jump into the frigid waters of the north pacific!

No comments: